- RSS Channel Showcase 3112242
- RSS Channel Showcase 5253176
- RSS Channel Showcase 5336945
- RSS Channel Showcase 3339210
Articles on this Page
- 06/27/11--14:25: _Sponsor Workers Fun...
- 10/16/11--05:17: _Protest against act...
- 02/14/12--10:53: _Protest against ext...
- 02/17/12--01:52: _“They are preparing...
- 04/05/12--13:42: _Sport solidarity, n...
- 10/22/12--04:58: _Robin Hood and soli...
- 07/11/13--03:35: _eBay auction for HOPI
- 11/26/13--02:40: _Solidarity with pol...
- 11/26/13--02:50: _Pass this resolutio...
- 07/11/14--03:04: _Free Reza Shahabi now!
- 04/27/12--12:00: _Ideas to empower th...
- 10/15/12--05:03: _Hopi at Take One Fi...
- 11/10/17--22:01: _Iran, Kurdistan and...
- 01/02/18--11:46: _Protests by impover...
- 01/29/18--12:53: _نه به اتحادهای غیرا...
- 06/27/11--14:25: Sponsor Workers Fund Iran supporters running in the Berlin Marathon!
- 10/16/11--05:17: Protest against actress sentenced to 90 lashes and one year in jail
- 02/14/12--10:53: Protest against extradition to Iran of two labour activists!
- 04/05/12--13:42: Sport solidarity, not Sport relief
- 10/22/12--04:58: Robin Hood and solidarity
- 07/11/13--03:35: eBay auction for HOPI
- 11/26/13--02:40: Solidarity with political prisoners
- 11/26/13--02:50: Pass this resolution in your organisation!
- 07/11/14--03:04: Free Reza Shahabi now!
- 04/27/12--12:00: Ideas to empower the anti-war movement
- 10/15/12--05:03: Hopi at Take One Film festival
- 11/10/17--22:01: Iran, Kurdistan and the left
- 01/02/18--11:46: Protests by impoverished, hungry Iranians
- 01/29/18--12:53: نه به اتحادهای غیراصولی
Supporters of Workers Fund Iran will be pounding the streets in the Berlin marathon on September 25th . They will be getting their running shoes on to raise sponsorship money for the important and unique work of this charity – can you support them? Workers Fund Iran (WFI) was founded in December 2005 inspired by […]
A campaigning has been launched for the freedom of Marzieh Vafamehr, an Iranian actress who has been sentenced to 90 lashes and one year in jail for her role in My Tehran for Sale, an Australian film about an actress whose theatre work is banned in Iran. Actors’ Equity of Australia has set up an […]
Bina Darabzand, a leading member of the Consistency Committee to Establish Workers’ Organizations in Iran, and his son Oktai, a journalist and blogger, have recently fled Iran due to threats by the Islamic Republic regime against their lives and security. They have sought refugee status in Turkey; however, they remain under pressure from the Turkish […]
In his speech to the February 11 solidarity film screening of Hands Off the People of Iran (which raised £180 for Hopi), John McDonnell MP explained how the British government is preparing to step up its intervention in the Middle East: I was present in the Commons on January 24, when foreign secretary William Hague […]
Sarah McDonald and other comrades will be running the Vienna marathon to raise money for Iranian Workers, here she explains why you should show support The threat of war in the Middle East is increasing daily. The drums are beating especially loudly in Israel, and the Iranian people are facing a fight on two fronts: […]
Ben Lewis reports on comrades running the Nottingham half-marathon in support of Workers Fund Iran On Sunday September 30, six bright-eyed and bushy-tailed runners from Workers Fund Iran lined up with around 6,600 other competitors to take part in the Ikano Robin Hood half-marathon in Nottingham. The event was billed as a “fast and scenic […]
A number of members and supporters of the campaign have donated clothes and other items to be sold in aid of HOPI. Amongst the donors are an acclaimed Iranian designer who has given many brand new designer clothes. Plus we have some retro-style punk and rock n’ roll shirts, a few leather biker jackets and […]
The thawing of the relations between the Iran and the west has resulted in an intensification on the repression bearing down on activists domestically and a flurry of executions of prisoners, some of them long term. Urgent solidarity is required in particular with the following activists Behnam Ebrahimzadeh, a member of the Committee for the […]
Oppose the crimes of the theocracy! Oppose the threats and sanctions of the imperialists! Download a PDF of this motion here. THIS BRANCH/REGION/NATIONAL ORGANISATION NOTES: – The recent flurry of executions in Iran of activists from oppressed national minorities; – The continued imprisonment – and in some cases, torture – of hundreds of political opponents, […]
Reza Shahabi – an Iranian labour activist member of the executive committee of the VAHED Bus Union – has been on hunger strike for almost 40 days in prison in Iran. According to the latest reports from Tehran, his protest is now having grave physical effects on him and he has become paralysed down the […]
Michael Copestake reports on HOPI’s successful weekend school “The only thing that is certain is uncertainty,” said Labour MP John McDonnell in his talk at the April 21-22 weekend school organised by the Hands Off the People of Iran at the University of London Union. Given the negotiations between the five members of the United … Continue reading Ideas to empower the anti-war movement
On Wednesday 26th Sptember 2012 , Take One Action film festival showed the film This is Not a Film, by Mojtaba Mirtahmasb & Jafar Panahi in Edinburgh Filmhouse. Over 100 people attended the film show which was Followed by discussion with Yassamine Mather (Chair of Hands Off The People of Iran) and Film/Theatre director Jeremy … Continue reading Hopi at Take One Film festival
How can we achieve principled communist unity in the Middle East? We spoke to Mohammad Reza Shalgouni, a member of the Organisation of Revolutionary Workers of Iran (Rahe Kargar) How do you see the current situation in the Middle East and in Iran itself following first the nuclear deal and then its ‘decertification’ by Donald … Continue reading Iran, Kurdistan and the left
There has been a considerable amount of fake news about the demonstrations that started in Mashad and other towns in Khorassan province on the 28th of December 2017. These demonstrations have continued, five days later in Tehran, as well as in many other towns and cities across the country. The protesters are angry and fearless, and … Continue reading Protests by impoverished, hungry Iranians
یاسمین میظر- برگردان: ماهان نوری در پی اعتراضات دی ماه، اتفاق نظر عموم بر این بود که اکثریت ایرانیان با وضعیت اقتصادی وخیمی مواجهاند، در عین حال که پایینترین لایههای طبقه کارگر با گرسنگی و فقر کامل دست به گریباناند. با این حال، سلطنتطلبان تبعیدی و در میان شگفتی بخشی از «چپ» مقیم خارج، همچنان … Continue reading نه به اتحادهای غیراصولی